Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"You Are Appreciated.."


Alright y'all, since it's Black History Month I wanted to take a moment and speak on a man who put a significant dent in the hip hop game and of course one of my all time favs, Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16, 1971 - September 16, 1996) also known as 2Pac. Not only was he major in the music industry, you also found this remarkable human being on the big screen. Speaking of... Poetic Justice might just be my most favorite Pac movie ever. And ladies, wasn't he lookin' just so damn fine? haha. Anyway, 2Pac was never afraid to push boundaries thru his music. Hitting all points from political matters to every day shit he experienced in the hood. Pac loved what he did and wasn't going to let any rules stop his freedom of speech. He earned the respect of millions in the short time he was given on this earth and then gained millions more after his death. Talk about SUCCESS. Damn, what I would have given for the chance to see him make history. At this point, you should already know all you need to know about the legendary 2Pac.

But what I loved so much about him was his admiration and respect for women. "Tupac cares if don't nobody else care". Nahh, not bitches, but REAL ass bitches! There's a difference and if you don't know, do your homework. The ones that stay keeping their head up even in the worse case scenarios. "And since we all came from a woman, got our name from a woman and our game from a woman. I wonder why we take from our women, why rape our women, do we hate our women. I think its time to kill for our women, time to heal our women, be real to our women." Need I say more? But enough of me quoting the song, lemme just take y'all back...



RIP my nig, xoxo Jaye of L.A. Bella