Tuesday, February 24, 2009

@ The Spliff


Damn! thinking back, I've caught some memorable shows from our up and coming artists at the Spliff.. DOM. KENNEDY, Pac Div, U-N-I to just name a few. Well, here it is again. Performances by our boys H.O.P.E & Skeme and a few other talented cats is going down on March 6th!

As we always say... Be There Or Be Square!

Until next time xoxo, Jaye of L.A. Bella

Scheming with Skeme the Duke
L.A. Bella's favorite minor

Brenn: What artists do you listen to on a regular basis?

Skeme: Off top you got Wayne, I'm a big time Pimp C fan R.I.P. the Pimp, Jeezy, Drake, Pharell/N.E.R.D., and I'mma T.I. fan till the end. Strangely Kate Voegele(if that's how you spell it)

Brenn: You're pretty avid about reppin Inglewood, does that play a big part of who you are?

Skeme: As a artist yeah. I grew up in Inglewood so its like really a big part of my life. My demeanor the whole nine, I rep my city with pride and I get that same love in return. I want to be the "model" of what a Inglewood nigga is.

Brenn: How do you feel about the state of hip hop at this very moment?

Skeme: I feel like it's really trying to find it's way with the new state of everything as far as business and how the Internet has effected it. I also feel like in some cases we've become so accustomed to those we deem as greats that we may be a little too biased on how we receive projects. But everything is changing and I believe that the industry is trying to get it's stability.

Brenn: If you could pick 3 people to work with asap who would it be?

Skeme: Wow 3 is a short list! And the artist is much shorter than the producers list so I guess we'll go that route. Ryan Leslie, Pharrell, and Lil Jon.

Brenn: You know you still owe me a blunt right?

Skeme: Hahaha yea I know and where I'm at kush is in abundance so the session is a must!

Brenn: On that note, we're out..looks like I've got a session to be at!!

Know one thing: L.A. Bella's always loyal to L.A. Hip Hop & Skeme's puttin on for his city!!

"Out of towners clik clak" -Skeme
Till next time
xoxo Brenn of L.A. Bella