Saturday, February 14, 2009

So Far Gone: Track by track

All in all? We appreciate the look inside your head, heart & soul. & I hate to bring up the past, but Metaphorically? you are ahead of the rest. & Yess! your delivery's got you buzzin like the pizza man.
.
1. Lust For Life: Nice start. I don't know if I love it because I can relate to it in some off way or if it's so dope anyone can relate to it. You're honesty is additively recognized. Your metaphors are refreshing & continuously impressive.

2. Houstatlavegas: The first 2:08 is a little too radio friendly for my liking.

3. Successful: Verses, so raw. No Magnum. Metaphors and storytelling, lyrical page turner.

4. Let's Call it Off: It kind of grew on me, but seemed a little out of place with the rest of the mix-tape. Still liking Drakes bars.

5. November 18th: Is it really necessary to sound that damn sexy? C'mon Drizzy, give our panties a chance, they're expensive. =)

6. Ignant Shit: This reminds me of old Drake. It's the style that made us all fall in love with him in the fist place.

7. A Night Off: All this singing & then you have to hit us with a Lloyd duet? Cold blooded Drizzy! On an upside, I'm sure the basic bitches loved it.

8. Say What's Real: I woke up to this song for a good two weeks straight in January. It's one of those songs you quote in your daily life on a regular, or atleast I do.

9. A Little Bit: I'm into the contrast between Lykke Lii & Drake throughout the song. Their styles complimented each other somehow.

10. Best I Ever Had: It's simple, every girl wants their dude to come at them with some shit like this.

11. Unstoppable: Mr. Toronto, you're aware you flowed all over Weezy's verse right? Wayne with the same old shit, that fun-d*ck line was funny though.

12. Uptown: Drizzy + Bun B + Wayne combo? Yesss ladies & gentleman we found the anthem of the project.

13. Sooner than Later: It's sweet, it's sincere, it's old as fuck, but I love it.

14. Bria's Interlude: unnecessary. Omarion? Should of done it without him, interlude or not.

15. The Calm: You said it best...As a man you're just honest, as an artist you're a king.

16. Outro: I'm a sucker for the keys.

17. Barnd New: I feel like this song has been out for years, has it? Either way the
concept and lyrics force connection.



Till next time
xoxo Brenn of L.A. Bella