Thursday, January 8, 2009

L.A. Bella supports L.A. Hip-Hop

We've seen the all too affordably I love NY shirts, and lowkey I do, but I'm in love with home sweet home aka L.A. so is it nutty that I'm personally offended at how my city is portrayed in the industry I happen to be (for lack of better phrasing) dangerously in love with? No, the L.A. hip hop scene doesn't consist of "Khakis creased and tilted to the east.." outsiders. We're lifetimes deeper than that & clearly fresher. Check us out.




The Pac boys have dropped another one on us. It's called
 "No No" and doesn't disappoint or stray far from their classic yet playful antics.  The brothers are invigoratingly clever, as expected and straight to the point. I gotta admit Gabe has my favorite verse on this joint, event though I can't completely co-sign the Tribe bar. The three boys did their thing, as if any of us are surprised. Big Ups to Bryan 
for his cavalier yet disdainful verse that kept us wanting more. We see you guys.
shameless plug:Pacific Division

U-N-I we're trying to be good girls and wait for the  "Be
fore There Was Love" project patiently, but patients isn't a virtue we embody. Besides that "California Soul" is going to make us pee in our pants with excitement, ok ok, maybe not all that, but we still can't wait till you drop that shit.

Of course we wouldn't name drop "California Soul" without mentioning the F2D boys, that's right we see you too H.O.P.E. If there is the slight chance that you are sleeping on these dudes, let me be the first to advise you to "WAKETHEFUCKUP!!" These kids aren't standing still anytime soon.
shameless plug: F2DLife: C.E.O.


Speaking of sleeping, I know you all woke up
 on the right side of the bed if you've heard the Shawn Chrystopher verse on the Ting Tings "That's Not my Name" Comedic brilliance in a sincerely convivial way. So into it Shawn, do your thing. 
We're like'n your style.
hear more shit on his myspace. Personal fav. being "untitled" and "beastin" is fun as fuck. 
Till next time xoxo B.C. of L.A. Bella