Thursday, January 22, 2009

KeepAChildAlive.org

As some of you might already know, my main mission in life is to assist the less fortunate in some way, shape or form. Yeah! Something like a Mother Theresa. Okay, okay, I won't take it that far, but I like to think I'm good peoples. I'm a firm believer of karma so I look at it as, for every good deed I do, something better will to come back my way (crossing fingers). Aside from my fear of bad luck lol, I genuinely have this strong devotion to help others that are underprivileged. As a kid every Sunday after 8:30 AM mass you would find me at the local convalescent home making new friends with the elderly. Nothing better than to see joy in someone's eyes the moment they feel your presence... to many, the moment the feel hope. Dont get me wrong, I dont have much, but theres millions of people out there that have it significantly less, not to mention worse. Once I start eating off this L.A. Bella gig, I'm off to Ethiopia, the Philippines, Haiti, where the fuck ever. L.A. Bella to the rescue! :)

What it takes to keep a child alive.
Photobucket
"I keep FAITH alive. I keep a child alive." - Kanye West

But for now.. here's a start for everyone. I came across an exceptional organization called Keep A Child Alive. The beautifully intelligent, and of course oh so talented Ms. Alicia Keys as the co-founder and global ambassador along with founder and president Leigh Blake created this unity "to provide life-saving anti-retroviral treatment, care and support services to children and their families with HIV/AIDS in Africa and the developing world by directly engaging the global public in the fight against AIDS." - Keep A Child Alive Mission Statement.

Until next time, xoxo Jaye of L.A. Bella