Friday, April 3, 2009

Animal Cruelty, For What?!?

So last weekend I actually got a chance to chill and catch up on a few reruns that I've been so missing out on. Thank God for T-VO! One of them being the hit E! reality TV show, 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians'. In this episode, Khole decided to support the cause for PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, by posing nude in their photoshoot entitled "Fur? I rather go naked.".


Anyway, being the advocate animal lover that I am, it kind of hit close to home. As a kid, I've learn to love and respect these little guys as I've always had a pet around. They tend to automatically become part of the family upon introduction. So, just like any other human being, I've attain this level of respect for them as a being. They have beating hearts and whether you believe it or not, feelings and emotions as well. So, I decided to do more research on this cause.
www.peta.org

"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), with more than 2.0 million members and supporters, is the largest animal rights organization in the world. PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in laboratories, in the clothing trade, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds and other "pests," and the abuse of backyard dogs." - PETA Mission Statement

No Michael Vick'ing it up in here please!
But of course, the last thing I'd want is to make this a long and boring post for you all to just skim thru and then disregard tomorrow, but for you animal lovers out there... as I always say, fuck with it!


Until next time, xoxo Jaye Bella