Friday, December 19, 2008

B.C. of L.A. Bella

I'm B.C...a 24 year old Cali native. Fathered by a black panther and an ex-hippie.  I was born in L.A, raised in the valley, and play in Hollywood. Lived in N.Y. for a quick second, but my heart is in L.A. Sorry Biggie, but if I got to chose a coast, I got to chose the West. I eat, sleep, and breathe hip-hop. I'm a product of the culture...and please don't get it confused with the shit they play on the radio. Getting familiar with Dilla, Q-Tip, rockin fresh kicks, and being able to go bar for bar with me on Jay-Z classics is the way to my heart. I'm first and foremost a writer. Songs, articles, and apparently blogs etc...I'm a slave to the written word and a punchline junky. Never known to pass on a blunt, (Well, there was that one time that Skotch had that bbq lol), could probably drink you under the table, curse like a sailor, grind like I'm making love, contradicting, rule breaking, over analytical and semi skitzofrenic. "If you steal my dog, I'ma kill your cat". Two wrongs do make a right in my world. I value substance over swag, but swag has the ability to get the panties to drop once in a blue moon.  A tom-boy at heart, I came up running behind my two older brothers, hoppin fences and watching Snoop Doggs Murda was the Case tape on repeat, trying to catch up. I'm far from those "spoiled little L.A. girls" who step out in those itty bitty dresses that suck in and push up waiting for some sucka emcee to invite them back to the studio after the club, so they can hit it from the back while they still have on thier "fuck me pumps". I do however recognize the beauty in being a woman, a real woman who understand that sometimes those new YSL platforms & Balenciaga purple patton leathers must be rocked on the weekends. You've seen me, you'll see me. Know who I am. I am L.A. Bella.  Till Next time. xoxo L.A. Bella